Culpepper Realty Company established
Culpepper develops “College Hills” residential subdivision
Believing that Texas A&M would reverse its orientation and flip to face the newly designated Highway 6, John Cecil Culpepper bought 200 acres of pasture land to develop into a residential area. The flip did happen and both Culpepper Realty and College Hills subdivision, within two years doubling in size and adding the first area to be called a shopping strip, became reality. In 1938 College Station became and incorporated Texas city.